Monday, April 21, 2008

Twice Bitten

One of my most favourite places to visit is Pieces of Eight, I love the design of their logo, their shop, and their Northside location, 635 Brunswick St, Nth Fitzroy, opposite Edinburgh Gdns.

'Twice Bitten' is the name of their current show, which runs till the 26th of April, so this is the last week you have to see it. Thirteen jewellers were given the brief to make earrings, and so they have! The work shows a huge variety of techniques and materials, and includes my most fave, David Parker.

I have been lusting after his pieces for about 7 years now, and if I was a rich biiatch I would be festooned with his creations. I particularly love that his designs are so simple, so cleanly executed, and with tres tres high quality metals and stones. Apparently it's the way he sets stones that is so special, those in the know speak of this in admiring tones.

Maybe if I had started saving 7 years ago I would be on my way to some Sapphire Earrings by now......or perhaps a Topaz Tension Ring. Do you think I could drop some sizeable hints for Mothers Day?

1 comment:

Kitty said...

hi emma,
I love this store.
My partner is a motorcycle mechanic, his workshop is speer performance,you can find his website here... http://www.speerperformance.com.au/
cheers
kitty