Thursday, May 28, 2009

Taskmaster Lorem



My feet are bruised, my wrist is strained, my legs are heavy.
Ran 10kms on Sunday, smelling the freshly cut fennel along the train line, feeling pretty good until 8kms when my rhythm started to go. Had to really concentrate, it was a case of mind over matter.

Have been at capoeira training Monday and Wednesday, and am feeling a few niggling injuries which I hope don't turn into anything more serious. That's the killer with training towards a goal, maybe you'll get injured or over train and completely lose the plot before d-day. My day in question is the 28th June, when I'm hoping to run 10kms in the fest that is Run Melbourne.

Lorem is going to Europe for a few weeks, so I've been getting as much training in with him as I can, and last night I started to feel that the more I learn about Capoeira, the less I know. Sometimes the flow just won't come, and last night was one of those occasions.

Need a big rest, maybe a massage, definitely a night on the couch drinking cups of tea.

Listening to: Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut

No comments: