Monday, April 5, 2010

Five Faves

Here's my contribution to Five Faves, after all, it can't always be about working, shoemaking etc.

1. BAD BRAINS
Seminal Rastafarian punk/hardcore/reggae/dub band from the USA. Have loved them for years, never seen them play and now I hear that they are coming to Melbourne in June!! I've been playing their albums super loud in the studio over the last few days.






2. Lego Star Wars - The Quest for R2D2
Leo and I have been playing this on my Mac, he does the jumping and the lightsabering, I do the moving about. We are a good team, but are a bit stuck on one level. He goes nuts when it's lightsaber time, saying " Pesky droids, attack them, let's go go go!"


3. Chicken stock
Had a roast chook for Easter Sunday dinner with 6 peeps. Today I've got the remainder in the stock pot on simmer, with all the goodies that make stock so beautiful. Oregano, thyme and parsley from the garden, onions, garlic, carrots and celery, bay leaves, salt and peppercorns. The house smells divine and I feel rather virtuous!



4. Chocolate
I guess I don't really need to say much about this festival of chocolate which is Easter. I am a straight up chocaholic, if you supply me with it I will be your instant friend. My family know this well, and I have been looked after this year. There is chocolate in my bedside table and I sneak in there every so often to sample a bit more!

5. Excursions with Leo
It's our last week together, just the two of us, my Little Miss is due next Monday - give or take a few days. Leo has been on kinder holidays, so we have been hanging out, enjoying the days, it's a little bittersweet for me as I know it will never be like this again. We went to see the bat colony in Yarra Bend Park, today we're taking Granny there as well, she arrived yesterday to stay for a month while we adjust to life with the LM. Might visit Lost and Found Market, and see if Granny can identify many of the obscure items from years gone by.

Leo's enjoying my cravings, there have been a lot of visits to cake shops, eating hot chips, making tandoori chicken with dahl, and afternoon naps. Last week I took him to Wunderkammer in Lonsdale St, he loved it and has now got a really long list to give Santa this year!


Crystals

Checking out the telescopes!

No comments: