Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arty Farty

 Listened to a lot of The Strokes' new album. Full volume.

Ditto the the new Phoenix album. Glorious.

 Went to the Abbotsford Convent for Brick Club, which is a Lego day on the 3rd Sunday of each month. They also have a Maker's Market in the adjoining rooms where Hazie gets her fix of $2 facepainting, and this week I got my fix of Sandra Eterovic prints. Sandra has a show opening tonight at Hut13.

 I got a haircut.

 Used my Northcity4 shopping trolley token.

 Went to the NGV with Hazel. This is a new acquisition, a Japanese artist whose name I forget. There is a taxidermied deer underneath all the globes of acrylic, glass and crystal, it's all about pixels and magnification. Delightful.

 Bronze woman.

 Toni Maticevski and Richard Nylon for the Australian Ballet.


 Jeremy Scott and Adidas. I love every single variation of these winged high tops.


 Does this look like a 2D stencil-esque work? Because it's not - it's a fiberglass lifecast which is painted.

 On Saturday we went to Lamington Drive to see the Beci Orpin and Kat Macleod show. Hazel loved this installation of streamer curtain/confetti heaven, we recreated it on her bunkbed.

I loved these little beetles which Kat had embellished with sequins and machine stitching. So gorgeous. I'm planning a return visit sans enfants, I was too worried that Hazel would rip the streamers down to really look at the works for a long time.

No comments: