Monday, January 21, 2008

So close, yet so far away



Here are some covered insoles, we are calling it dragon skin, but really it's just kid leather made to look like snake. Rather delicate and with a lovely rich colour.



These are the lasted uppers, I do love a bit of top stitch, but you have to get it right, seeing as it stands out so much. They are sitting atop my finisher, waiting for some more time to work on them.



And here is the original inspiration, entitled 'Hong Kong', echoing the lines of the sail and hull of a junk boat.

I did a window display at Craft Vic last Sept, called 'Cut & Paste', and it was all about paper footwear.
I had so many ideas in my sketchbook that were languishing, so I made 9 pairs all from paper products, I'll post more in the coming days/weeks.

Don't ask me why playing cards exactly, but my bridge playing father has them in his living room, he is quite besotted.

I was going to rant about how I never have enough time to keep up with all my ideas, how I am so desperate for school term to start again so that I can get my son off to kindy, blah blah blah.....
But the time that it took to upload these pics means that now I have even less time to eat something before capoeira!!

No comments: