Friday, September 19, 2008

Bullseye

I had a visit from my fabulous friend Dearne today, who is the creator of Mainichi accessories. We had a contra deal going - one of my Helix scarves for one of Dearne's Shinzo necklaces, in my favourite colours, of course.

So today I got to meet this beautiful piece, it's super long, so I can loop it twice around my neck, but I 've still been worried that I would drag it in my dinner, or in the sink while I get domestique!

Dearne's work uses recycled materials: felt, leather, plastic, beads, bamboo, you name it, and she's selling like hotcakes at Craft Vic. I particularly love how Dearne uses colour and mixes textures, and I'm excited to finally have one of her pieces.

You can visit Dearne at her blog, or her etsy store, and if you look in the latest House and Garden you will see a feature on women in textiles, one of whom is Dearne! And she's an Interior Designer, and a mum, and when does she get time to sleep?

Listening to: Herbie Hancock - God made me funky

1 comment:

Craft Victoria said...

nice exchange! and a big hurrah for swapping, there's nothing more satisfying :)