Monday, November 30, 2009

'Tis the season

We made our own tree this year, I have been wanting to get away from the ol' pine tree for a while now, and finally had some cardboard boxes big enough. I found a slide show online which gave me the steps to make this tree, although I doctored it a bit.

Leo helped me paint, well for a while, his roller seemed to soak up all the paint and so eventually I took over. Yeah, I am a bit of a control freak, and, yes Pip, I did get my set square out to check the angles and all the measurements, remember I have Virgo rising.



When I was slotting it all together the tops were a bit floppy, so I got the knife to a polystyrene bauble and made slits to jam onto the top of all the tree bits. Worked a treat, but it does have a slightly Russian feel to it, not so triangular in form as the regular festive ones.


We likey! No lugging a pine tree around in the car, no vacuuming up pine needles, and no feeling like you're disposing of a dead body as you wrestle the old tree into the green rubbish bin.

Oh and if you're reading this in your reader, we have a few side-bar changes over here at Aprons and Hammers that deserve your perusal!

No comments: