Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On my bedside table

Ahoy there!


I got this book at an op-shop in Adelaide, I really love this series of illustrated paperbacks. For some reason I have been smitten with sailing ships lately, and in my usual way I have undertaken an exploration of the theme.



Hence, I am reading 'Master and Commander' by Patrick O'Brian, which is rather dense and full of detailed terminology, so I cheated a bit and watched the movie with Rusty as Jack Aubrey. Ah Rusty.


Also I recently read 'Sea of Poppies' by Amitav Ghosh, a gorgeous first installment in a trilogy, full of sailing.


I now know what the mizzen mast is, the fo'csle, the poop, and the spritsail. Oh yes, I'm ready for my test.

1 comment:

dillpickle said...

I'm reading Sea of Poppies right now! I'm enjoying it so far.