Friday, April 27, 2012

Needlework Needleplay






Wow - a new project!

I'm in cahoots with an awesome bunch of ladies, we are preparing for a group show in August featuring the use of embroidery. Carly Altree-Williams is the bandleader who has brought us all together, she has started our very own blog, and of course I'm urging you to visit.

Needlework Needleplay is the place to go, complete with our very own header designed by the fabulous MaricorMaricar. Here's our blurb.


Needle Work Needle Play brings together nine contemporary Australian textile artists and craft practitioners who use embroidery in innovative ways working in a wide range of mediums including drawing, soft sculpture, portraiture, footwear, jewellery, and installation to explore the contemporary uses of embroidery. Featuring the work of Carly Altree-WilliamsCat-RabbitEvie BarrowEmma GreenwoodMaricorMaricarAlison MunroGemma PobjoyDemelza Sherwood and Haeli Van Veen.
 
I'm first cab off the ranks with an artist profile, I must say it's lovely to see my words and my work all together. I often get a bit frustrated that I can't create all day every day, but when I see what I have been making over the years, I get a bit of a glow inside. Slowly but surely I'm amassing a body of work that ticks all the boxes for me. I hope that it ticks your boxes too.
 
I'd love your feedback, my blog stats tell me that 316 of you visited yesterday, many from the US of A, please leave a comment to say hi, it'd be great to meet you! 

No comments: