Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Wow - these sure took a long time to cook.
I lasted them a while ago, and just couldn't figure out what sole to put on, my options were to go for a straight-up sneaker sole (been there, done that), or to do a more traditional men's-style sole and heel (ditto).
Essentially I wanted to try something new, and after a lot of ruminating/thinking time I decided to do a covered wedge sole. This meant a lot of time on the sanding machine, a bit of testing, a lot of measuring.
Yesterday Tom came in to do some more filming as I covered them. I'm sure I was making the face of extreme concentration - how flattering!
This morning the soles went on, I cleaned them up a bit, and got all excited to see the fringe fanning out just as I had planned. Drats that I can't wear them till Tom comes back to do the final shots!