Sunday, August 4, 2013

August!

Seems I lost a month, I haven't checked in since June.

I've been busy on Instagram @emblueski, and chasing my tail on a day-to-day basis, wondering how the rest of you keep up with kids, domesticity, creativity, beloveds, family, work, life.

This seems to be a major topic of conversation for me, musing upon how others do it, why I struggle with it, how it appears that everyone else is kicking goals and really making progress with their work, while mine seems so painstakingly slow and frustrating. Excuse my miserable tone, I was up at 5:30 this morning with a sick girl and feel like a zombie, entirely unprepared for the huge week ahead of me.

I have been wondering about blogging, what's it all about, why do I feel like I'm talking to myself, should I continue to use this space for shoemaking chat etc. I haven't decided.

So while I launch into the busy Sunday evening routine of bathing kids and somehow stopping them from constantly arguing, here are some images from July.










2 comments:

Kate said...

I think we all feel like that at times, I promise.
I think you should be easy on yourself for a few days and kick goals again at the end of the week. That sleep thing is killer.
I think you are ace and can not believe the wonderful things you achieve. xx

Janine said...

Hey Emma, totally hear you on this... I think I've felt the same way since the day Greta was born.

I keep reminding myself it's all relative... you're one of the women I look at and think 'how does she do it?'!

Hope the sleeping is settling down and you're feeling better about things...
xx