Sunday, September 14, 2008

How could I forget?

I watched a half-hour documentary on ABC1 this week about Roller Derby, and wish I had extra time in my life for this pursuit! As kids my sister and I would tear around the streets on our rollerskates, we always had grazed knees, to be honest I don't know why we stopped skating.

These ladies seem to share my penchant for knee high socks, tattoos and a bit of attitude, alas between life in general and capoeira I'm not sure how many more obssessions I have room for, but I'm putting all these key dates in my diary and Roller Derby is at the top of my 'things to do list'.

1 comment:

earl and cookie said...

oh Emma i watched that too! and did you see that the lovely Mimsy was there in the Brizzy group? (she was also interviewed in the latest Frankie and i fell in love with her there as well!) i can SO see you doing roller derby - me, i'm more groupie than skater.