Monday, October 13, 2008

Crochet rehab

I have overdone it I'm afraid.
I'm making the ubiquitous crocheted rug from odds and ends of wool, square by square, with zeal, fervour and inspiration from my fabulous new-ish book. I daresay it's my last purchase from Amazon for a while, now that the Aussie Dollar is back to being crap.

Anyway, I have been a bit housebound in the evenings, with the beau at work slaving away on sculptures, and so accompanied by Lindt Chilli dark chocolate and a small pot of Lady Grey, I have been crocheting up a storm.

This has become such a ritual for me, and I have managed to consume huge amounts of DVDs; Frasier, Flight of the Conchords, Boston Legal and now back to The West Wing. Yesterday in the heat, my boy and I had a Charlie and Lola marathon, as I half listened to the cricket.

Today my right hand doth protest, and all up my forearm, I have pushed it a little too far! Most of my squares are lacy flowers with a border of some sort, but over the last few sessions I've been making squares of solid double crochet - heavy duty!

Tonight I'll have to find something else to do, maybe some real work? My addiction to crochet has seen me neglecting the work which may actually earn me some $, I need crochet rehab.

2 comments:

Leaves of the family tree said...

I feel your pain. I have had a referal to see a hand surgeon on my desk for 6 months now! will call him one day - when I don't feel like sewing, knitting, crochetting!

I have the crochet block book too - and have made all my 3 kids a 'car blanket' from the patterns - that book insprires me!
p.s - I've tagged you on my blog

Danielle said...

if you start a Crocheting-Anonymous group I'll be there too. I can feel your (hand and fingers and arm) pain.